The Friends of Richmond Free Library are a group of volunteers whose purpose is to:
- Encourage community support of the library and staff;
- Raise money to underwrite special purchases for the library as well as the summer reading program and its workshops, art classes, and special programs.
The Friends of RFL meet twice a year and always welcome new members! Volunteers are welcome and needed. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Help with the annual book sale in February.
- Staff an informational table at the library at the annual Richmond Holiday Market with books and library paraphernalia for sale. Upcoming: First Saturday in December.
- Richmond’s July 4th parade: staff a tent and table in front of library with water, books, and library paraphernalia for sale.
- Help sort and box donated books year round.
The Annual Friends’ Booksale will be held February 15 and 16. Bring donations to the sale to the library circulation desk for review. Below are guidelines for donated materials:
ACCEPT (in good condition):
- Hardcover with dustjackets
- Softcover books
- Audio books on CD
DO NOT ACCEPT:
- Reference or travel books over five years old
- Condensed books (Reader’s Digest)
- VHS or cassette tapes
- Computer software
- Textbooks, Dictionaries, Encyclopedias
- Sheet music
OR: Any dirty or damaged materials, e.g. spotted pages or edges, torn dustjackets, loose bindings, yellow or brittle pages, marked-up books
(The CSWD Drop-Off center in Richmond accepts books in the Re-Use Zone and for recycling.)
We are open to new ideas to support our dynamic community resource and welcome ideas for other fundraising events.
Please consider making a monetary donation. Financial donations underwrite the summer reading program, which includes arts and crafts sessions, and special programs and performers. The Friends have also purchased items that are beyond the library’s normal operating budget, such as a DVD/CD repair machine and laptop.
Send tax-deductible donations to:
Friends of RFL
c/o Richmond Free Library
P.O. Box 997
Richmond, VT 05477
President of the Friends of the Richmond Free Library
Thank you for your support!